Quality pearls are very durable but they still require care to keep their beauty and luster pristine. We provide you with a number of handy tips to do this.
- After wear use a damp and warm cloth to remove dirt before storing them,
- Keep them away from household chemicals such as hair spray, makeup, and perfume which can dull their luster over time and cause spots and blotches.
- To avoid the effects of cosmetics and perfume, pearls should be the last thing a woman puts on before going out and the first thing she takes off after returning home.
- Wear them often because the body's natural oils keep them lustrous. Pearls should be wiped with a soft cloth before being stored and kept separate from other precious metals or gemstones that might scratch or dull their tender surfaces. Pearls should not be stored in airtight bags as they need moisture.
- Periodically wash the pearls using a very mild soap and rinse them in clean water, use a damp cotton towel to dry them.